BEAUTY | SKIN CARE ROUTINE

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

When I was a high school student, my skin care was very basic. Cleanser and moisturizer. I also didn't wear makeup, and very lucky to have a very clear skin - not even whiteheads. 

Now, I'm in my twenty-something, being a graduate student, live in a place where the pollution level is quite high, and I have very different activities compare to on my younger years. I have breakouts every now and then, my redness looks crazy, and of course, whiteheads. 


I don't have very bad breakout nor that I have acne-prone skin. My breakouts come when it's the time of the month but still, it's quite bad for someone who never had breakouts before.

Before I share my skincare routine, I have to explain my skin condition first. I have pale skin and also have a sensitive skin, not normal but also not very dry. I have some dry areas but it's not bad. My dark circles are genetic, not something that I can heal using eye cream or herbal. I have to do surgery if I want to get rid of it. Sucks, I know.

Conclusion: pale skin - normal to dry - and sensitive skin.


Before I share the products that I use, I'd like to explain few things.

It's important to understand that the key of clear - (almost) flawless skin is be patient. You can't expect amazing result with instant process. I do this routine for years, although I add or change some products, I've use this for months (at least four months).

You have to be very careful to what you apply on your skin (skin care and makeup products), always read the label! Do not use products that contain dangerous chemicals such as Parabens (learn more here).

The next important thing is: do not forget to check the expire date regularly - expired products could create such huge problems to your skin. I always check the due date when I buy the products, then check on it regularly every month. This way, I won't forget when I have to throw those products.

I also want to remind you, it's important to take care of your skin from within. Drink lots of water! I always drink one glass right after I woke, minimal 8 glasses during the day, and one glass before I go to bed. It really helps to maintain liquid on your body and also moisturize your skin from the inside. I also started doing plant-based diet but sometimes I go totally vegetarian, I found after doing this for almost a year, my skin is clearer, brighter, and smoother.

DAILY PRODUCTS
Morning

I don't have much products in the morning. Just gently wash my face with cold water, use toner, eye cream and then moisturizer. I also like to add a bit moist by using facial mist. It works for me. 

Products that I use: 
Facial Mist : Evian Facial Spray 



Night 

If I wear makeup that day, I like to remove my eye and lip makeup first then apply milk cleanser to remove my face makeup. After that I gently wash my face, use toner, eye cream and then apply night cream. One last touch if I'm not lazy, I add facial mist as well.

Some of the products are the same ones that I use on my morning skin care. 

Products that I use: 
Makeup remover : Sephora Waterproof Eye Remover 
Milk cleanser : Sariayu Milk Cleanser 

WEEKLY 



I love face mask: gel, powder, clay, sheet mask, everything. Twice a week I like to use moisturizing mask. It really helps to give your skin enough moisture from within. This way, I find it more effective than using all in one mask. I like to use it before bed time so in the morning when I wake up, my skin is smooth and glowing. I also like to use overnight mask when my skin is very dry because I think it works way better than sheet mask.

Products that I use:
Sheet mask : Etude House Therapy Air Mask & Soonsoo The Celebrity Mask
Overnight mask : Laneige Water Sleeping Mask 


MONTHLY


Every once in a month I like to use stronger mask to help clean out my skin even better. Usually, I like to exfoliate my face first using only natural ingredients like olive oil, salt, sugar or oatmeal (I'll talk about this on my next post). I found by using natural ingredients, it makes my skin less sensitive because there's nothing chemical but organic. 

After exfoliating, I apply Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask. This is the only clay mask that didn't burn my skin. It's kinda hurt when you take it off but it's fine. I get redness around my cheeks area for couple of minutes but nothing major. I think it's normal to have redness considering how thick and tight the mask is.

Here are the close up to my skin right now. I do have dark spots from my breakouts and they're fading so it's okay, it's gonna be fine ;)



Please remember that these products I mentioned are work for me, but I have no guarantee it works for everyone. The key to skin care is patient. I've been doing this for months - even year so do not expect instant result. I hope this post will give you reference.

Thanks for reading! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS